Winter seemed to drag on in Seattle. The sun went unseen for months, and the weird misty rain never seemed to end. In an attempt to battle the gray and rainy weather, I decided to bring in some bright, warm weather flavors. I’ve been working on a collaboration with some other food bloggers with the theme being strawberries. When researching ideas for strawberry dishes, I came across these mini Bundt cakes from America’s Test Kitchen – The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook. Not only were they perfect to share for this collaboration, but flavors are so bright and fresh, I almost forgot about the dreary Seattle weather.
The little mini Bundt cakes are also a tribute to our future wedding cake. Zac and I crossed another thing off our wedding checklist last week! We picked a wedding cake baker, ironed out the design, and choose the flavors. Zac choose strawberry cake with lemon curd filling for his flavors. Making these Bundt cakes reminded me of those flavors.
These Bundt cakes start with a vanilla cake base. The addition of lemon zest and juice perks up the cake, while the strawberries add a lovely fresh, sweetness. The lemon glaze adds a tartness to perfectly balance out the sweet cake. The mini Bundt cake is perfect for sharing, or not if you are feeling ambitious. This recipe makes 4 mini Bundt cakes, but you can easily cut it in half if you’d only like to make 2 cakes. Try out this recipe below and let me know how you like it!
Don’t forget to check out the strawberry recipes from the rest of the food bloggers! Their blogs and recipes are listed below the Bundt cake recipe.
Mini Strawberry Bundt Cakes with Lemon Glaze
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 20-25 minutes
Yields: 4 mini Bundt cakes
Shelf Life: 2-3 days in an airtight container
Ingredients for the cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons buttermilk, room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 ½ cups diced strawberries
Ingredients for the glaze
1 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
5 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and set the rack to the lower middle position.
- Spray 4 cups of a Bundt pan tray or mini Bundt pans with non-stick baking spray.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Beat the butter and sugar with a hand mixer on low speed for about 1 minute, until the sugar is moistened.
- Increase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes until pale and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk mixture in 2 additions. Increase the speed to medium high and beat until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Fold the strawberries into the batter by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 4 Bundt pans. Gently tap the pans on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake the cakes for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. They should be lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and cool completely for an hour.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and a pinch of kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
- If serving the Bundt cakes right away, pour the glaze evenly over the cakes once cool. If serving the cakes later, store the cakes and the glaze in separate airtight containers. Refrigerate the glaze. Pour over the cakes evenly when ready to serve.
Check out all the other awesome collaborators!!
Square Meal Round Table’s Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Pavlova
The Cooking of Joy’s Strawberry Matcha Cream Cheese Tart
This Healthy Table’s Strawberry Tahini Shortcake
Flours in Your Hair’s Strawberry Milk Donuts
The Wood and Spoon’s Strawberry Icebox Pie
Smart in the Kitchen’s Rustic Strawberry Galette
The Herb and Spoon’s Strawberry-Jam Filled Brioche Donuts
Better with Biscuit’s Strawberry Cobbler
My Kitchen Love’s Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
Sift and Simmer’s Rose Strawberry Hibiscus Mille Crepe Cake
What Great Grandma Ate’s No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
A Modest Feast’s Greek Yogurt With Crispy Quinoa and Roasted Strawberries
Hola Jalapeno’s Strawberry Pink Peppercorn Margarita
Worthy Pause’s Strawberry-Basil Shrub Cocktail
Hot Dishing It Out’s Panna Cotta with Strawberry Jelly
Figs & Flour’s Shrimp Tacos with Strawberry Apricot Salsa
Pie Girl Bakes’ Strawberry Ginger Pie
Crumb Top Baking’s Strawberry Chia Jam Oat Bars
The Gourmandise School’s Strawberry Pistachio Salad
Tiny Kitchen Caper’s Strawberries and Cream Pound Cake
Cook Til Delicious’ Mini Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Ganache
Something New For Dinner’s Watermelon, Tomato and Strawberry Salad with Burrata
A Spicy Perspective’s Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
Easy and Delish’s Strawberry Brigadeiros
Plays Well with Butter’s Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese, Grilled Chicken, & Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
Katherine in Brooklyn’s Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream
Sugar Salt Magic’s Strawberry Mousse Tart
The Healthy Sins’ Coconut Flour Crepes Topped with Fresh Strawberries and Coconut Yogurt
Lemon Thyme and Ginger’s Strawberry Basil No Churn Ice Cream
Jessie Sheehan Bakes’ Strawberry Basil Turnovers
Bavette Meat & Provisions’ Pickled Green Strawberries
Rezel Kealoha’s Apple Cider Rose Poached Strawberries with Thyme Flowers
Made from Scratch’s Roasted Strawberry and Basil Ice Cream
Eat Cho Food’s Strawberry Basil Glazed Donuts
What’s Karen Cooking’s Strawberry Eton Mess
More Icing Than Cake’s Strawberry, Balsamic & Black Pepper Babka
Well Seasoned Studio’s Classic Vanilla Layer Cake with Mascarpone Buttercream and Fresh Strawberries
Farm & Coast Cookery’s Strawberry & Thyme Shortcake
Marianne Cooks’ Strawberry Madeleines
My Berkeley Kitchen’s Strawberry Kale Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
The Cinnaman’s Rose Hibiscus Strawberry Icebox Pie
Prickly Fresh’s Strawberry Burrata Kale Salad with Pistachio & Lemon Vinaigrette
Maren Ellingboe’s Angel Food Cake with Whipped Cream & Strawberries
Baking the Goods’ Mini Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
Fufu’s Kitchen’s Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
What Annie’s Eating’s Vegan Strawberry + Basil Ice Cream
Flotte Lotte’s Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Rumbly Tumbly’s Strawberry Scones
A Small Kitchen in Genoa’s Italian Riviera Strawberries Salad
Cooking with Cocktail Ring’s Basil Balsamic Strawberry Shortcake
Reencontrándome con la Cocina’s Chocolate Meringue with White Chocolate Mousse and Strawberries
Le Petite Eats’ Strawberry Orange Blossom Tartlets
Just Date Syrup’s Strawberry Date Syrup Oat Crumble
Well Fed Soul’s Strawberry Almond Mascarpone Cake
Food Solutions’ Strawberry Soup (Savory and Sweet)
Champagne and Cookies’ Strawberry & Sesame Whole Wheat Pop Tarts with Strawberry Tahini Glaze
Annie Campbell’s Strawberry Pavlova
Blossom to Stem’s Mezcal Lime Strawberry Pavlova
Cosette’s Kitchen’s Strawberry Shortcake
Ful-Filled’s Lilac Sugar Strawberry Shortcakes with Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream
Babby Girl Yum’s Strawberry Spinach Almond Salad
An Amazing Appetite’s Vanilla Strawberry Tart
Cocoa and Salt’s Strawberry Pistachio Tart
Frosting and Fettuccine’s Strawberry Basil Layer Cake with Strawberry Simple Syrup
No More Mr. Nice Pie’s Fresh Strawberry Pie